Welcome to our Year 4 Web Pages
Welcome to Year 4!
Here is what we'll be learning about this term:
- Our main topic is 'Invasions' where we'll be finding out about the Anglo Saxons and The Vikings. This project teaches children about life in Britain after the Roman withdrawal. Children will learn about Anglo-Saxon and Viking invasions up to the Norman conquest.
- For reading, we are continuing to build on our vocabulary, inference, prediction, explanation, retrieval and summary skills (VIPERS).
- In Maths, we will be learning about Place Value, Addition and Subtraction, Length and Perimeter and Multiplication and Division.
- We are continuing to practise our times tables. The children will be sitting the national Year 4 Times Table check in June - more details to follow.
- We will be having PE on Thursdays so please come into school with your PE kit on this day.
- After half term, we will be going ice skating on Wednesday afternoons.
Throughout the year, we will keep these pages updated so you can see what we are learning about in school.