Welcome to our Year 4 Web Pages
Welcome to Year 4!
Here is what we'll be learning about during the Spring term:
- Our main topic is 'Misty Mountain, Winding River'. Here, we will be learning about rivers, erosion, transportation, and deposition. Continuing with world rivers, aerial images, mountains, compass points, water cycle and soil.
- For reading, we are continuing to build on our vocabulary, inference, prediction, explanation, retrieval and summary skills (VIPERS). Our linked study book is 'Swallows and Amazons - by Arthur Ransome'.
- In Maths, we will be continuing our learning about Multiplication and Division, then moving onto Area, followed by Fractions and Decimals.
- We are continuing to practise our times tables. The children will be sitting the National Year 4 Times Table check in June - more details to follow.
- In Science, we will be learning about States of Matter. The children will learn about Solids, Liquids, and Gases and their characteristic properties.
- We will be having PE on Thursdays, so please come into school with your PE kit on this day.
- We are looking forward to our Mount Cook Adventure Centre residential on 20th - 21st March!
Throughout the year, we will keep these pages updated so you can see what we are learning about in school.