Welcome to the Year 2 Web Pages
Welcome to our Year 2 Web Pages. As ever, we're excited to be back in school and are looking forward to a very busy Autumn term ahead. Here is what we'll be learning about this term:
- Our main topic is 'Movers and Shakers'. We'll be using lots of history skills to find out about a range of historically significant figures such as, Mary Anning, Emeline Pankhurst, Neil Armstrong and Rosa Parks. We will develop our understanding of timelines and how and why the actions of these people have affected our lives today.
- Our English learning will continue to see us building our vocabulary and sentence writing skills. We will be working on improving writing through 'Rainbow Grammar'. In particular, we'll be working on posters, news reports and biographies.
- In maths, we will be focusing on place value, addition and subtraction, money, multiplication and division.
- Our science learning this term is Human Survival, focusing on the basic needs of humans, the importance of exercise, nutrition, and good hygiene.
- Our geography topic is "Let's Explore the World". We will learn essential skills and knowledge by using atlases, maps and compass points. We will also be conducting fieldwork, collecting data in our locality.
- In art, we will be doing a topic on still life. We will learn about the work of significant still-life artists and their techniques, ending with our own arrangements and artwork.
- Our computing focuses on the uses of information technology in everyday life.
We'll continue to use these web pages to provide information and other useful resources for children and grown-ups alike. As we're always looking to add to these, make sure you keep coming back to see what's new.