Welcome to the Year 2 Web Pages
Welcome to our Year 2 Web Pages. As ever, we're excited to be back in school and are looking forward to a very busy Spring term ahead. Here is what we'll be learning about this term:
- Our main topic is 'Coastline'. We'll be using lots of geography skills to find out about the coast. We will be looking at human and physical features of the coastal landscape, learning about erosion, developing our map reading skills, learning about the work of the RNLI and lots of other exciting things.
- Our English learning will continue to see us building our vocabulary and sentence writing skills. We will be working on improving writing through 'Rainbow Grammar'. In particular, we'll be working on descriptive writing, narratives and non - chronological reports. .
- In maths, we will be focusing on multiplication and division, statistics, properties of shape and fractions.
- Our science learning this term looks at materials, focusing on the properties of materials and their uses. We will also be looking at reusing and recycling waste materials.
- In art, we will be doing a topic on flowers. We will learn about shape, colour and texture and will be using many different materials to explore these and create our own pieces of art work.
- Our computing focuses on creating algorithms, testing them out using beebots and correcting any mistakes.
We'll continue to use these web pages to provide information and other useful resources for children and grown-ups alike. As we're always looking to add to these, make sure you keep coming back to see what's new.