Welcome to the Year 3 Web Pages
Welcome to the Year 3 Web Pages. We are delighted to be back in school after the Summer break and we are looking forward to all the exciting learning ahead of us this term.
- Our main topic is 'Through the Ages', where we'll be finding out about British prehistory from the Stone Age to the Iron Age, including changes to people and lifestyle caused by ingenuity, invention and technological advancement.
- Our geographical focus is 'One Planet, Our World', which will see us locating countries and cities, learning about and using grid references, compass points, and latitude and longitude. We will learn about the layers of the Earth and plate tectonics and discover the five major climate zones.
- Our English learning will continue to develop a broadening vocabulary, both in spelling and topic-based words. Writing style and grammar will develop through the use of Rainbow Grammar alongside regular phonics. There will be many opportunities for writing, which will focus in turn on narratives, instructions, cinquains, and chronological reports. Throughout, the children will continue to enjoy whole class guided reading sessions to deepen their understanding of texts.
- Our maths will be building upon our understanding of place value, before consolidating our understanding and application of the four operations by first revisiting addition and subtraction, followed by multiplication and division.
- In science, we will learn about the importance of nutrition for humans and other animals. We will find out about the role of a skeleton and muscles and identify animals with different types of skeletons.
We'll continue to use these web pages to provide information and other useful resources for children and grown-ups alike. As we're always looking to add to these, make sure you keep coming back to see what's new.
Children used spinners to find white light and also made bubbles to see the colours of the rainbow.