The impact of our Physical Education Curriculum is that:
By the end of Key Stage 2, children will have:
- happy memories of their involvement in sport
- age appropriate skills and knowledge developed through curriculum PE
- experience of a wide range of sports and physical activities
- a level of interest and excitement generated by competition
- an enjoyment of physical activity at whatever level they choose to engage in
Throughout our school, we seek to create an environment where all children have fun in their PE lessons and enjoy taking part in sport. We maintain a strong focus on developing the core skills of agility, balance and coordination, particularly in KS1 and applying these skills in game situations in KS2.
Differing levels of competitive opportunities are available to all children, regardless of ability, with children actively encouraged to take part in these events. The frequency with which we take multiple teams is evidence of our participation rates.