Welcome to Year 1
Welcome to our Year 1 Web Pages. We're excited for our summer term and have lots of exciting learning ahead of us. Here is what we will be learning about this term:
- Our main theme this topic this term is “Bright Lights, Big City.” We will be learning about London and Queen and her Jubilee. In Geography and we will be learning about the city of London and the town of Bingham. See you can see more information on our knowledge organiser.
- In Maths we will be consolidating our learning on addition and subtraction and learning our number bonds to 10 and then 20. We will then focus on repeated addition and the beginnings of multiplication and division.
Please watch out for regular updates on Twitter where you can see our amazing children in Year 1 working, playing and learning together.
Things you can help with at home:
- Practising reading and enjoying talking about books and other kinds of text.
- Telling and sharing stories.
- Letter and number formation - It is crucial that the children are starting their letters in the right place. Please see document above on letter formation.
- Practising phoneme cards.
- Cutting skills and any fine motor-skills.
New Reading Books ...
Oxford Reading Owl has some e books that you can access for your children to read new material at their current reading level.
You do have to sign up but is free and you will be able to access new e books. Of course this is not the same as holding a real book but it is another way to engage your child in reading. We hope this link is of use to you. Remember you are looking for "ebooks."
Also there's a whole range of stories for children to listen to for free on: